THE ROAD TO FAME
About Brady Ellison's Career
Everyone wants to know about Brady Ellison an Toja Ellison! Brady started his competitive archery career in 2002 on the local and State 3D circuit winning numerous competitions. In 2003, Brady began his journey in target archery. He shot a compound bow and continued to win local and State competitions along with National competitions. Brady made his first Jr. Outdoor World Championship team in 2004, winning team Gold. The following year, he made the Indoor World Championship team and won both individual and team World Champion titles. That summer Brady attended a Gold camp for elite youth archers at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Ca. Brady was shooting his compound bow when his string broke. He did not have a bow to shoot, so he picked up a friend’s recurve bow and shot that.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
A NEW PATH AND DIRECTION
THE RECURVE BOW
The instant that Brady used his friend's recurve bow Brady knew he was on to something. That moment changed Brady’s life and put him on the path to being one of the top recurve shooters in the World. and thereafter Brady called home explaining what had happened with his bow string and that he had shot a recurve. His question was “What do you think about me switching to recurve and going for the Olympics?”. Everyone was 100% behind his decision to switch. Brady made the switch to recurve in 2006 and became a Resident Athlete at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista. His original goal was to make the 2012 London Olympic Games, but it soon became apparent that he had a natural affinity for shooting a recurve bow.
The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games became the new goal. Brady made that goal in May of 2008 finishing the Olympic Trials in first place. He has since made another Olympic team and has shot for Team USA at every Outdoor World Championship and most World Cup events since. Brady had one of the longest runs of being the Worlds number 1 archer in recent history. Brady has maintained a top 10 World ranking since 2009.
Olympic Bronze Medalist
GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BRADY AND TOJA
ABOUT BRADY AND TOJA ELLISON
Brady is a 27 year old full-time Archer competing Internationally and in the USA. Brady is one of the Worlds most successful recurve archers.Read More
2004 – Present
- 3X Olympian – Team USA
- Bronze medalist – 2016
- 2X Olympic Silver Medalist – Team event 2012, 2016
- 13X Team USA World Championships team member – 2 World Titles
- 12X Medalist – 8 Gold, 1 Silver, 4 Bronze
- 32X World Cup Medalist – 18 Gold, 7 Silver, 7 Bronze
- 5X World Cup Final Medalist – 3 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Unprecedented 7 WC Finals in a row
- Only Recurve archer to make 5 finals in a row and medal at each one.
- 3X Longines Prize for Precision winner – Recurve years 2010, 2012, 2014
- 5X Pan Am Games Medalist – 3 Gold, 2 Silver
- Other International Events and Continental Championships
- 13 Gold Medals, 1 Silver
- 6X World Cup Medalist (4 Gold)
- 4X Longines 2016
- 12X USAT Member (Ranked #1 in 2016)
2004 – Present
- 11X USAT – United States Archery Team member –
- * #1 rank – 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 9X National Outdoor Champion
- 5X National Indoor Champion
- 4X National Field Champion
- Numerous National Series wins and Az State Titles